Please fill in the necessary fields(*) to create your account

Prior Years South African Krugerrand Gold Coin 1oz

$3,172.68 inc. GST $3,458.22

South African Krugerrand is the world's first bullion coin minted since 1967.

SKU: 61206503 BuyBack Price: SGD 3100.77 Categories: , , ,


The coin’s name is a combination of the first president of the South African Republic, Paul Kruger, and the name of the South African currency, the Rand.

Gold Content

Contains 91.67% of pure gold which gives it exactly one troy ounce of gold. The remaining 8.33% of the coins weight is copper. Copper alloyed gold coins are more resistant to wear and tear as compared to their pure gold counterparts.

Krugerrand Design

The reverse of the coin shows a springbok antelope designed by Coert Steynberg, with the mint date in the field.

The obverse of the coin depicts President Paul Kruger with the word Africa in both English and Afrikaans in the legend.

African Legal Tender

The gold Krugerrand coin is legal tender in South Africa since 1967. The coin’s value is derived only from the current market value of gold hence there is no rand value on it.

Enter Your Email & We'll Notify You When This Product Goes On Sale!

We have a Free Price Alert Service that will help you Save Money while Shopping Online on our Website!

Set Alert for Price lower than:

Enter your email address to continue:

We take your privacy seriously and will never email you without your permission, or share your email with anyone. Promise.

Current Price:


Notify me when the price changes? Setup Price Drop Alert

Price History:

Type Price When
Current $3,172.68 Jun 12, 2024
Highest* $3,306.59 May 20, 2024
Lowest* $2,521.92 May 5, 2023
Average $3,105.56

Last 5 price changes:

Date Price
June 12, 2024, 11:55 pm SGT $3,176.76
June 11, 2024, 11:55 pm SGT $3,168.77
June 10, 2024, 11:55 pm SGT $3,161.34
June 9, 2024, 8:00 am SGT $3,139.94
June 8, 2024, 8:00 am SGT $3,139.94

GSC reserves the right to refuse or cancel any order in the event that GSC is unable for whatsoever reason to procure any or adequate bullion to satisfy your order, or if customer payment is not received within the Payment Timeframe specified, or when the confirmed price is incorrect, whether due to computer-related problems or otherwise, pricing error or sudden movements in the precious metals market or export/import restriction.

Additional information

Weight 1 oz
Dimensions 32.77 × 2.84 mm
Product Type

You may also like…


    2016 Australian Kangaroo Gold Coin 1oz

    Read more
    BuyBack Price: SGD 3114.41

    2017 Royal Mint Lunar Rooster Gold Coin 1oz

    Read more
    BuyBack Price: SGD 3116.95
× WhatsApp us!
Dear Valued Clients, please place an appointment before you visit our retail store for us to serve you better!
This is default text for notification bar