Merry, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you!
We will be closed on the following dates for the Holiday Period:
23/12/17 (Saturday) to 25/12/17 (Monday)
Business as usual from 26/12/17 (Tuesday) to 29/12/17 (Friday)
30/12/17 (Saturday) to 01/01/18 (Monday)
Business as usual from 02/01/18 (Tuesday) onwards
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
Here are some directions to our office when you walk over from Nankin Row!
We will start with the iconic 3-man statue
Walk towards the direction of Ya Kun/Sushi Tei and you will pass by the construction site for an upcoming hotel on your right.
On your left, you will pass by cafes and restaurants such as GentleBros and Aglio Olio.
Walk through the underpass and see a huge number 15 on your right (this is staircase 15). Continue walking straight and you will pass by a outdoor bench area on your right.
Keep walking straight
You will see Great Eastern Centre in front of you. At this point, turn to your right and see a skincare company on your right. We are just a few shops away! Walk straight from here.
You will pass by L’erbolario which retails Natural Italian Beauty Products.
Walk straight ahead and you will see our GoldSilver Central Banner.
and you have reached our showroom!
Still can’t get here? Give us at call at +65 62229703!
We’ll be happy to guide you here personally.
*Disclaimer: companies featured here are personal opinions of the team. This is not a sponsored ad*
It’s the time of the year again!
Our 2018 silver, gold and platinum bars and coins will be coming in soon in batches in the next few months and you can indicate your interest by clicking on the button below:
Here are the products indicated in the form (we will be updating more items into the form as we get news of it):
Item: 2018 Australian Lunar Dog Silver Coin
Denomination: 1kg, 10oz, 5oz, 2oz, 1oz, 1/2oz
Item: 2018 Australian Lunar Dog Gold Coin
Denomination: 2oz, 1oz
Item: 2018 Australian Koala Silver Coin
Denomination: 1kg, 10oz, 1oz
Item: 2018 Australian Kookaburra Silver Coin
Denomination: 1kg, 10oz, 1oz
It’s official! We are closed just for this Saturday (16 September 2017) as we are moving to our new office.
Please note that we will NO LONGER BE located at 18 Cross Street #01-24 China Square Central from Monday (18 September 2017) onwards and our NEW ADDRESS is 03 Pickering Street #01-15/16 Nankin Row Singapore 048660.
Preview of full Precious Metals Bullion Insights Report
To receive the full report of our Precious Metals Bullion Insights on the first working day of each week, please subscribe here:
(We promise there will be no spam but informative insights from our in-house technical analyst team!)
[gravityform id=”3″ title=”true” description=”true”]
PRECIOUS METALS MARKET REVIEW.
|Weekly Spot Price (14 August – 18 August 2017)|
Precious Metals News Updates:
|·||Gold trades little changed as investors focus on geopolitics, central bank meet. Gold prices were little changed on Monday as investors sought further direction after a week of geopolitical uncertainty in the United States and Europe and ahead of a meeting of central bankers later this week.|
|·||All that glitters is profit in China’s gold mines as demand for safe haven boost precious metal sales. Hedging demand triggered by political uncertainty became the main driver of the periodical increases in gold price.|
Economic figures to monitor this week:
|Day & Date||Economic Events|
|Wednesday, 23 August 2017||ECB President Draghi Speaks
New Home Sales (Jul) (US)
Crude Oil Inventories
|Thursday, 24 August 2017||GDP (QoQ) (Q2) (UK)
Existing Home Sales (Jul) (US)
|Friday, 25 August 2017||Core Durable Goods Orders (MoM) (Jul) (US)
Fed Chair Yellen Speaks
In Non-Trending Mode markets (aka range trading markets), CCI directional Indicators have statistically demonstrated a higher correlation to market direction. Additionally, we overlay the CCIs in a format that further reveals the market cyclical structure and thus enhances market analysis.
COMMITMENT OF TRADERS REPORT (ANALYSIS)
Reportable positions as of 15/8/2017,
|Commitment of Traders Report|
|Changes in commitments from 8/8/2017|
Commercials continued to decrease their long positions while increasing their shorts positions by -424 contracts and 13,652 contracts respectively during the period of 8/8/2017 to 15/8/2017. Gold rallied 2% to reach the 1290 level, a level last seen in June. This is the first time in 4 weeks that Commercials increased their shorts position significantly. The last time this happened, Gold rallied as well.
(Focus is only on the Producer/Merchant/Processor/User as they are hedgers and Gold producers. Non Commercials refer to CTAs and fund managers who trade (speculate) professionally. Commercial hedgers usually hold an edge over the speculators in the long run due to their “stronger hand” advantage and are usually reliable indicators of trend changes)
Call us at 6222 9703 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss with us how to further interpret the data.
Extracted from World Platinum Investment Council:
An overview of the report:
This article tackles investors’ concern on the negative impact that powertrain electrification would have on platinum demand. Recently, an announcement was made for the Ultra Low Emission Zone in London. This is a plan set to ban sales of new diesel and petrol cars by 2040 to reduce air pollution.
Excerpt from Platinum Perspectives July 2017:
We believe the market is overestimating the negative impact of powertrain electrification (moving to EVs) on platinum demand. We explain why EVs represent only a limited risk to platinum demand (even excluding potential demand upside from Fuel Cell Electric Vehicles, or FCEVs).
Market assumption:EVs don’t contain platinum. Some market participants confuse EVs and Battery Electric Vehicles (BEVs). For example, Volvo’s announcement that it would be producing only ‘electric’ cars post 2019 was significantly misinterpreted by many press sources.
Our view: In fact; Volvo committed to producing only cars that have an electric motor. This will include five new BEVs, the balance being hybrids, which can have gasoline or diesel internal combustion engines, and require platinum group metals (PGMs). Given mild hybrids are expected to gain significant market share, it is likely that most of Volvo’s cars will contain PGMs, post 2019 and in the foreseeable years to come. Different types of EVs have significantly different effects on platinum demand.
Conclusion – most EVs contain PGMs. “Electrification” (e.g. as defined by Volvo) may not have a negative effect on platinum demand. Diesel share is more important; our June 2017 Platinum Perspectives explains why we believe diesel share may be higher for longer.
Full credits to World Platinum Investment Council for the Platinum Perspective July 2017 Report.
We are thrilled to announce that GoldSilver Central will be moving to a new retail-office location at 03 Pickering Street #01-15/16 Nankin Row Singapore 048660 in early September 2017.
*Update*: Our moving day is on 16 September 2017 and the office will be closed on Saturday.
For the past 5 years, our old office in China Square Central has served us extremely well. It supported us through our first tradeshow, the expansion of our team and many, many more milestones.
But, we have to keep up with the growing needs of our team and our customers – which mainly led us to the decision of relocating. We know we want to serve you better.
LOCATION FIGURE 1 & 2
GoldSilver Central’s new physical location features a retail storefront for our physical Gold, Silver and Platinum coins and bars collection. In addition, we will be displaying products from our latest venture: GSC Numismatics.
We are not far away from our old office, just a 5 minutes walk down China Street!
Directions to GSC NEW OFFICE from China Square Central
- Exit CHINA SQUARE CENTRAL from the TAXI STAND and walk towards the roundabout drop off point (it will be on your left).
- Turn left passing by the roundabout drop off point and walk to the shophouses. You should pass by the basement carpark entrance. CLUB MEATBALL will be right in front (shophouse at the corner).
- Walk onto CHINA STREET. Walk all the way straight – You will pass by SUSHI TEI (on your left), YA KUN (opposite) and 7-ELEVEN (on your left).
- At the corner of the shophouses before GREAT EASTERN BUILDING, turn Left. (Carpark Entrance will be on your right)
- You have reached our new office!
Our new address is 03 Pickering Street #01-15/16 Nankin Row Singapore 048660.
Extracted from World Platinum Investment:
Platinum Quarterly is commissioned by the World Platinum Investment Council and based upon independent research and analysis conducted by SFA (Oxford). It is our intention to publish similar commentary every quarter ensuring greater transparency of the global platinum market and the delivery of regular data to investors.
The next Platinum Quarterly will be published on 6th September 2017.
This eleventh edition of the Platinum Quarterly, published on 15th May 2017, includes Q1 2017 analysis of platinum supply and demand fundamentals. It also gives a view of the global above ground stocks of platinum and an outlook for market fundamentals for 2017.
An overview of this report
This report incorporates analysis of platinum supply and demand during the first quarter of 2017, during which time total mine supply hit 1,330 koz, down 6.3% year-on-year and the lowest since Q3 2014.
- Today’s report shows that overall platinum supply is projected to fall by 2% year-on-year to 7,330 koz in 2017, with both primary and secondary supply expected to decline.
- Recycling is projected to fall by 6% year-on-year to 1,760 koz in 2017. Secondary supply from jewellery recycling is projected to decline by 20% year- on-year with recycling trends normalising following unusually large stock flows in China last year.
- Automotive demand for 2016 and 2017 is revised upward by 45 koz. The revisions reflect higher than expected global vehicle sales with increased loadings, while greater scrutiny of emissions is also believed to be limiting moves to thrift platinum loadings.
- Global platinum ETF holdings grew by 65 koz in the first quarter, with increases observed across most regions. ETF assets in the quarter were at their highest level since the fourth quarter of 2015. Bar and coin demand during the first three months of 2017 was supported by the minting of 20,000 one- ounce US American Eagle bullion coins in January, all of which were sold in just three days. Overall platinum investment demand is now projected to be 250 koz this year.
- Global platinum jewellery demand for the quarter increased 3% year-on-year, buoyed by increased Chinese retail sales during the quarter. However, global jewellery demand for 2017 is forecast to slip 1% from 2016, with anticipated declines in China and Japan outweighing gains in India and other regions.
- The platinum market is expected to be broadly balanced over the year, with a deficit of 65 koz in 2017 predicted. Above Ground Stocks are expected to end the year at 1,885 koz, a 3% fall on 2016, but more than 54% down from 2012.